Saturday, May 28, 2011

Will it ever stop?

Every time I read an article or hear a story of a child dying, no matter the age, my heart breaks all over again. Yet I can't help but read/listen to the story. Sometimes I think I'm just punishing myself for Brendon's death, forcing myself to relive that pain over and over again. I don't know honestly.

Lately I've been in such a rage over the sheer stupidity of humanity. I've actually wanted to go on a killing spree and just rid the world of this plague of ignorance and hatred that the world suffers from. Politicians who rape the public they were elected to serve by taking away needed social services while giving huge tax breaks to the already rich, religious zealots who prey on those that have never done them any harm, gay bashers, bullies, child abusers, wife beaters, sex offenders, murderers, CEOs who live the good life while their employees can barely afford to live, the list goes on... Luckily for these people I truly don't have a violent bone in my body. When will the world learn peace, tolerance and love? What will it take for people to stop hurting others and start helping their fellow man? Will we all ever live as equals?? I don't think I'll ever see that Star Trekesque society in my own lifetime, I can only hope that some future generation will finally say "Enough is Enough!" and create a world in which everyone is treated with kindness and love. A world where everyone has a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, and a purpose in life. Where money is not what makes the world go around and greed and fanaticism are no longer praised.

Don't mind me... I'm just overly emotional today...





Parents are not supposed to outlive their children, its unnatural.



No comments:

Post a Comment