Sunday, August 14, 2011

Psychic?

When I was younger I used to think that I was in some way psychic, don't laugh, I have valid reasons :-P  The most vivid memory of this "psychic" ability is the day my mother almost died. My parents had separated, my mom was out at the river with old family friends and had too much to drink, and I was at home. All day I waited for the proverbial other shoe to drop, something was going to happen, I just wasn't sure what it was. Minutes before the phone rang I knew someone was calling to tell me that my mother was dead or dying. My mother didn't die that day, at least not physically but psychologically my mother was gone. I have no idea how I knew something was terribly wrong, I just did. More recently I've been noticing that before something kinda big goes wrong in my life my anxieties will just skyrocket out of control for no reason I can discern, sometimes just for a few hours, some times for days. Last Tuesday I brought home two new foster kitties and suddenly I was on edge for no apparent reason. I worried and stressed over every thing for 4 days. Then the shoe dropped, Saturday afternoon I got a call from Berkeley, the cat foster coordinator for the D.S. Animal Shelter, one of the kittens from the litter my two fosters came from had tested positive for feline leukemia. We made arrangements for me to bring the kitties to Berkeley and all I could think was what if my babies caught it? The chances are slim because most are old enough to have a good immune system and the babies, Mocha and Caramel, had just gotten their immunizations. When it was time for Carson to leave for work we both headed out the door. I was halfway to Berkeley's house when Carson calls, one of his tires had popped off the truck! The lug nuts had sheared completely off!

Later, after I'd picked Carson up and he was back off on his way to work all my anxieties eased... well as much as my anxieties ever ease, lol. The worst was over,  all the misfortunes of the immediate present were done. As Carson and I discussed it he compared it to the senses that animals have when danger is near, such as how animals always know when a storm is coming. It would seem that I always know when bad things are about to happen, I just don't always know what they'll be. I knew something was wrong the day my son died, but had spent the last 12 years being told I was crazy by my ex-husband that I'd been ignoring my senses for some time. I don't know that paying attention to them would have made a difference, but it does make me wonder. It also lends plausibility to my theory that Autistic people are more in touch with their primal brain than neuortypicals.

I'm surprisingly calm as I write this, even though I've touched on some of the worst moments of my life. It could be that I'm just drained from being so wired up emotionally the last few days, but normally I'd be crying by now.

Here's a few updates on some of the normal aspects of my life. I've got a phone interview for a job with Hancock Bank on Wednesday for a customer support job in their call center. I don't really want another call center job, but at least this will be in D.S. and won't cost us as much of a fortune in gas as the jobs I've had in B.R.  We now have 3 dogs and 6 cats total, having just adopted 2 of the kitties that Carson rescued from the side of the road, we just couldn't part with them. They're utterly adorable and I'll find my camera soon and post some pics. Carson is still with Southern Dawgz and is happy with his job. He is very good at it and his boss really trusts him, which is very important to Carson. We're still struggling financially, but managing to stay just above water. One day I'll be able to say that we're doing well, living comfortably and financially secure! Carson's boss has some projects in the works that will hopefully pan out and move us towards that goal in the next year or so. Nothing terribly exciting going on, so that's all for now.

Be Well,
Laura


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you - I will come back and make some thoughtful comment on your post but tbh my brain hasn't woken up yet so all I can think currently are fragments of idea.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete